Drainage Pipe and Fittings

Our extensive range of Drainage Pipe and Fittings products include 110mm Drainage Pipe, 160mm Drainage Pipe, Twinwall Drainage Pipe, Hoppers, Gullies, Gully Covers, Inspection Chambers, Inspection Chamber Risers, Shallow Inspection Chambers, Road and Yard Gullies, Flexseal Couplings, Non Return Valves and much more.

Frequently Asked Questions

(This is for general guidance only; specific answers will be given by your building control office).

Q. I need to connect plastic drainage pipe to an old clay pipe. What do I need?
A. You need to measure the OD (outside diameter) of the pipe you want to connect to then choose the coupling to suit from the Flexseal Coupling section.
Q. I have some underground drainage pipe and fittings left from a previous job; will I be able to use them with yours?
A. Yes – all our 110mm underground drainage pipe and our 160mm underground drainage pipe plus our underground drainage fittings are manufactured to BS EN 1401-1 and are therefore compatible with all leading manufactures.
Q. I need to connect my square down pipe to the underground drainage. What fitting do I need?
A. The Universal Drain Adaptor found in the 110mm drainage pipe and fittings section will connect round and square downpipe to the 110mm drainage system.
Q. What is the difference between storm water drainage, surface water drainage and foul water drainage?
A. Storm water drainage systems are typically used for the collection of rainwater from the guttering system.
Surface water drainage is rainwater collected from patios, paths, etc.
Foul water drainage is water collected from toilets, baths, sink and other household appliances.
Q. What depth can a shallow inspection chamber, also known as a mini inspection chamber or access chamber, be installed at?
A. The maximum depth for a shallow access chambers is 600mm to invert.
Q. What depth can I put a full size inspection chamber?
A. 450mm diameter inspection chambers, sometimes referred to as manholes, can go to a depth of 1.2m. After this depth they require a reducer in they manhole cover. The driveway cover reducer can be found in the inspection chamber section of the web site.
Q. Why do I need a roddable bottle gully for my kitchen waste to be connected to the underground drainage system when I could put a branch straight into the underground drain pipe?
A. A roddable gully forms an air trap to stop smells coming back into your kitchen, and is also an access point for rodding if the drains ever become blocked.
Q. My house is the last one on the street and during heavy rain our drainage system sometimes backs up with rainwater from neighbouring properties. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem?
A. You could put in a non return valve which only lets water pass one way through it.